About 10 million Americans are affected by fibromyalgia. It is a very common condition.
There are even people who have it but aren’t aware of its presence. There are also doctors who can’t recognize fibromyalgia in a patient and often misdiagnose him/her.
It’s very important to know whether you have this condition so that you could relieve yourself from the pain as well as the unpleasant symptoms.
The condition can’t be cured, but some medicines, cognitive behavioral therapies as well gentle exercise can help you.
Muscle pain is the first thing that people think of when they hear about fibromyalgia.
People with fibromyalgia also feel tenderness to touch which spreads throughout their body as well as many other problems. This is a condition which affects their emotional, mental physical health.
CAUSES AND DIAGNOSIS
It still isn’t clear what causes fibromyalgia. You can’t prevent this condition, but you can control it. You just have to be aware that you have it.
There isn’t a test that doctors can use to diagnose fibromyalgia. The doctor only asks the patient whether he/she experiences some of the symptoms below.
The doctor also performs various tests and methods like: antinuclear antibody, blood count, rheumatoid factor, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, thyroid test, MRIand X-rays.
Here are the most common symptoms. In case you’ve noticed some of them, visit a specialist.
MUSCLE AND BODY
- Muscle twitching
- Morning stiffness
- Tender and lumpy breasts
- Mild to severe pain which may spread to other parts of the body
PROBLEMS WITH SLEEPING
- Grinding teeth
- Hypnic jerk (otherwise known as the feeling of falling while sleeping)
- Difficulty sleeping/Broken sleeping pattern, you feel very tired and lethargic every morning
- Muscle twitching during sleep
SINUS & ALLERGY PROBLEMS
- Ringing Ears
- Thick mucus
- A runny nose as well as post nasal drip
- Shortness of breath
- Earaches and itchy ears
- Sensitivity to molds and yeasts as well as allergies
DIGESTION AND STOMACH ISSUES
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Pelvic pain, nausea, abdominal cramps and bloating
- Frequent urination
SENSITIVITY AND SENSORY PROBLEMS
- Difficulty seeing in night driving and low lighting
- Increased sensitivity to climate changes, light, noise, smells, pressure and temperature
- Language impairments as well as difficulty speaking familiar words
- Poor coordination and balance
- Burning and tingling in the upper limbs
- Zone out often, short-term memory, difficulty differentiating between some color shades and difficulty with concentration
- Directional difficulties, difficulty recognizing familiar surroundings
- Loss of libido
- PMS as well as other menstrual problems
- Valve problems
- Pain similar to a heart attack
- Irregular heartbeat
SKIN, HAIR, AND NAILS
- Overly-ridged nailsor nails which curve under
- Hair loss
- Skin which appears mottled, bruises or scars easily
MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
- Mood swings and unexplained irritability
- Anxiety, depression, panic attack
- Family history
- Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
- Headaches and migraines
- Carbohydrate and chocolate cravings
- Vision problems
All of the abovementioned signs can also mean that you have another condition, so don’t be afraid, For example, PMS, cravings, frequent mood swings and headaches don’t only signify fibromyalgia.
Just consult your doctor. Don’t conclude anything yourself.
NATURAL TREATMENT FOR FIBROMYALGIA
THESE ARE SOME TIPS THAT CAN HELP YOU ALLEVIATE THE SYMPTOMS OF FIBROMYALGIA IN A NATURAL WAY:
- practice yoga
- use acupuncture
- try mindful breathing
- practice tai chi
- go to messages
- use anti-inflammatory herbs like for example, turmeric, garlic and ginger
- consume organic, whole, anti-inflammatory foods
- take magnesium, vitamin B12, and vitamin D supplements
- do gentle exercise
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread sharing it on Pinterest. Thank you! <3