Can you try to imagine a zero carb world where the nervous counting will not exist? In the following article, we are going to present you several foods and groups of food that re not exactly 100% carbs free
but it is considered that less than 1g net carbs per serving are almost as good as none.
The list of low carb foods is enormous. The zero carb foods are more limited, especially in the fruit and vegetable area. But there are still more than 100 choices for rich satisfying meals.
USING THE NO CARB FOODS LIST
The fats are the only foods that have completely zero carbs. We know that even the meats and seafood have trace amounts of carbs. The foods on the list below have a very small amount of carbs – less than one gram. These foods are so close to zero, and many people consider them as ‘no carb foods.’
The “almost” zero carb foods are slightly higher, but a single serving from the list is still under 1g carb.
One warning: Track your servings. Even the trace amounts of carbs add up.
- Pork rinds
- Organ meats
- Most types of cheese
- Heavy cream
- Sesame oil
- Sunflower oil
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
- Peanut oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Corn oil
- Chicory family (endive, radicchio, escarole)
- Leafy greens (arugula, lettuce, spinach, kale, Swiss chard, turnip greens, Bok Choy etc.)
- Fresh herbs
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Various types of hot sauce
- Regular (full fat) mayonnaise
- Herbal tea
- Diet soda
- Drink mix powders (e.g. Crystal Light)
Tips for eating zero carb foods:
- You need to eat foods that are only of animal origin such as eggs, meat, and dairy, as they don’t contain carbs.
- Eat those products such as eggs, dairy and meat until you are full and make sure that you stay full! That is going to help you not to crave for other things.
- Make sure that you eat enough fat.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don’t consume sweets.
- Only eat when you feel hungry and don’t count the calories!
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Pinterest. Thank you! <3